15 August, 2020
Mint Cilantro Chutney or Pesto (पुदिना/बाबरी र धनियाको अचार)
Originally Published: May 27, 2015
Mint has one of the highest antioxidant capacities of any food. Learning how to use fresh herbs and spices like mint when cooking can also help to cut down on sodium intake. Some of the benefits of mint are, it promotes digestion and hence the weight loss, great appetizer or palate cleanser, soothes stomach aches, strong and refreshing aroma, quick and effective remedy for nausea etc.
This recipe of mint Cilantro Chutney (पुदिना/बाबरी र धनियाको अचार) is ready in few minutes with no cooking involved. Chutney can be served as side dish to rice, pesto to pasta, chutney to roti, dipping sauce for samosa or baked chicken, dressing to salad etc.
- 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cup chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2-3 green chili (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons roasted sesame seed powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- salt to taste
- Wash the herbs and chili.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and grind until it become thick paste.
- Add few drops of water to bring the pesto (chutney) to desired consistency.
- Serve as desired.
Here are some recipes that goes well with this chutney: Quinoa salad (जुनेलाे अचार)
Mint Cilantro Chutney can be served as side dish to rice, pesto to pasta, chutney to roti, dipping sauce for samosa/baked chicken, dressing to salad.Tweet