Originally Published: 2018 March 15
What is Nepali Cucumber/Radish Salad?
Cucumber and Daikon salad is tangy, refreshing, and healthy at the same time. This salad recipe can accompany any meal such as rice, roti, or can be used as vegetarian sandwich filler, or simply be a side dish.
- Green Cucumber हरियो काँक्रो – 2 medium sized (preferably crunchy ones like English or pickling)
- Fresh Daikon मुला – 2 medium sized
- Chopped Green chilli – to taste
- Salt – to Taste
- Roasted ground sesame seed (3 tbsp)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/ tsp
- Cayenne Pepper powder – to taste
- Ground timur (szechuan peppercorn) – a pinch (optional)
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Cilantro – small bunch
- Fresh Lemon/Lime Juice – 2 tbsp
Cut cucumbers into long slices. Discard the inner core with seeds. Now cut them into small wedges (about french fries sized). Cut Daikon radish to the same size so that cucumber and radish look homogeneous. Sprinkle with about a tbsp of salt and place in a colander. After about 15 minutes, squeeze the salted cucumber/daikon to get the extra water out. Now marinade the the veggie duo with roasted sesame seed powder, turmeric, Olive oil, cayenne pepper powder, timur, and fresh lemon juice. Adjust the salt according to your taste. Once all the spices are coated all over, decorate with chopped cilantro and green chillies.
Cucumber-Daikon Salad/Achar (हरियो काँक्रो र मुलाको अचार) is ready to be served.
Nepali Cucumber Daikon Salad, kakro ra mula til ko achar, kakro mula til, kakro achar, healthy achar, नेपाली तरिकाले तयार पारेको हरियो काँक्रो र मुला को अचारTweet