3 August, 2020
Quinoa Salad (जुनेलो अचार)
Originally Published: Jan 27, 2015
Quinoa [pronounced KEEN-wah], an ancient whole grain, is not only high in protein, iron, and fiber, it also is gluten-free. Quinoa (जुनेलाे) has the perfect balance of all nine amio acids essential for nutrition. Quinoa is very low in Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Magnesium, Phosphorus, and Manganese.
This easy quinoa salad recipe is delicious and healthy way to add more whole grains into your meal and can be served as a side dish or as an appetizer.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- 1 chopped green chilli (Optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (Optional)
- Combine water and quinoa in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Let the quinoa come to the room temperature (about an hour).
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Toss the salad until mixed evenly.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Quinoa, an ancient whole grain is high in protein, iron, fiber, gluten-free, and low in Cholesterol which is good source of Magnesium, phosphorus, Manganese, nine amino acids.Tweet