Originally Published: Aug 1, 2014
Raita (राईता) is veggie/fruit dish made with yogurt and can be used as either dip, salad, or dessert. The yogurt used is typically plain, and very thick. This version features mango and hence can be used as dessert. And best of all, it takes less than 10 minutes to make.
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- Finely chopped, seeded jalapeno, to taste
- 2 cups thick plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder
- Salt to tast
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint leaves (optional)
In a large bowl, mix diced mango, chopped onion, diced tomatoes, cilantro, and jalapeno. In a different bowl, mix the roasted cumin, salt, and yogurt. Now slowly fold the fruit into the yogurt mix. Once all is mixed evenly, garnish with mint leaves (if you prefer), cover it up, and refrigerate for about an hour. Stir well before you serve. If you like dry fruits, you can add them to this raita for crunchy and nutty texture.
Raita is vegie/fruit dish made with yogurt and is used as dip, salad, or dessert. The yogurt used is plain, and thick. Mango raita can be used as dessert.Tweet