Originally Published: Dec 29, 2014
This dish puts a spicy flavor to the instant noodles. Easy to cook makes it so popular and kids who don’t like veggies will dig in to it too. You can use any instant noodle of your choice. I am using Wai Wai, which is Thailand based instant noodle, produced in Nepal, with local flavor of seasonings according to Nepalese cuisine. The name Wai Wai means “Fast Fast” in Thai.
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Garlic/Ginger – paste 1 tsp
- Green Onion – 1 cup, chopped finely
- Bell Pepper – 1 Small, seeded, chopped finely
- Tomato – 1 Large, chopped finely
- Other vegetable of your choice, 1 Cup (I use carrots, peas, corn)
- Instant noodle of your choice, 1 Packet (I use Wai Wai)
- Salt – to your taste
- Green chilies – 1 tbsp finely chopped (Optional)
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
In a pan bring 2 cups of water to boil. Put the instant noodles in it and cook for about 2 mins. Drain and set aside.
In a medium wok, heat oil. Add garlic/ginger paste and soy sauce. Give it a quick stir. Add green onion, green chilies, bell pepper and saute them for 1 minutes. Add mixed vegetables and continue cooking for another 3 mins. Stir in the noodle seasoning, salt. Now add the cooked instant noodle and mix it evenly with vegetables. Cook it until all the liquid is absorbed. If you like tangy taste, add about 1 tbsp of lime juice and give it another stir.
This dish puts a spicy flavor to the instant noodles. Easy to cook and popular with kids too. You can use any instant noodle of your choice.Tweet