Originally published: Feb 10, 2013
What is Breakfast Burrito (बर्रितो चमेना-खाजा )?
A burrito is a type of Mexican food which consists of flour tortilla wrapped or folded to enclose filling. This breakfast burrito is stuffed with eggs, your choice of veggie, and cheese.
Here is my variation to the Breakfast Burrito recipe:
- 1/2 medium boiling potato, peeled and cut into small dices
- 1 (9-to 11-inch) flour tortilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated cheese of your choice
- 1/4 cup chopped chive, cilantro, basil
- 1/4 cup fresh or bottled salsa
- 1 finely chopped green chilli (or to taste)
- Salt to taste
Whisk together eggs, chopped chilli, chive, cilantro, basil, and salt in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add egg mixture and cook, until just cooked through. Remove from heat.
Heat the tortilla on lightly greased skillet. Spoon cooked egg, cheese, salsa, diced potato vertically across center, leaving room to fold over. Fold the tortilla from the both sides and flip it. Once the cheese is melted, breakfast burrito is ready.
If you are a meat lover, substitute potato with your choice of meat or bacon. You can also vary the fillings by using onions or hash brown potatoes. Try using different types of cheese/tortillas/fillings. The possibilities are endless!